Student Choked, Punched in Village A

On Sunday, Feb. 8 at approximately 4 a.m., a student was choked and punched in Village A, according to a report from the Metropolitan Police Department.

According to the report, Brendan Smith (COL ’10) got into a verbal argument with an assailant and then asked her to leave the apartment. The report then states that the suspect became angry and then choked Smith while he was lying in bed and began to punch him.

Smith said that he was not the person who reported the incident to the MPD, but refused to comment further. The complainant said that the assaulter punched Smith in the nose at least once, causing it to bleed. However, the report later states that the injuries to Smith’s face were related to a rugby game he had played in earlier that same day.

The report further states that there was no forced entry.

According to the report, “the reported event occur[ed] as a result of an intra-family matter.”

The assailant, an 18-year-old white female, is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol at the time of the assault, according to the report. She was arrested by MPD on Feb. 8. The MPD declined to give any further information regarding her current status.

The Department of Public Safety has not yet released a Public Safety Announcement regarding this incident and could not be reached for comment.