U.S. News Ranks GU Graduate Programs

Several of Georgetown’s graduate schools received high rankings in U.S. News & World Report’s 2004 “America’s Best Graduate Schools” issue. The magazine’s rankings of more than 1,000 graduate programs were based on the research of each school’s facilities, faculty and students of the programs, as evaluated by experts.

The Georgetown Law Center pulled in a 14th place ranking overall among national law programs. Additionally, it received top ten rankings in several individual categories. U.S. News listed the Law Center as the nation’s top school in clinical training and ranked the center third for trial advocacy, fourth in international law and sixth in dispute resolution.

U.S. News further noted that the program is one of the most racially and ethnically diverse law schools in the country and that more than 98 percent of Georgetown Law students had a job just nine months after graduation.

The MBA program at Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business ranked in the top 25 business programs for the third consecutive year, tying for 24th with Purdue University.

U.S. News ranked the masters program at Georgetown’s School of Nursing and Health Studies in a tie for 29th place overall. The program was tied for 10th in the category of nursing anesthesia. The Medical School tied for 47th place in the rankings.

The issue did not survey public affairs programs; however, the Georgetown Public Policy Institute tied for 29th in 2001, the last time the magazine ranked public affairs programs.

U.S. News & World Report also released its 2004 issue of “America’s Best Hospitals” this month and Georgetown University Hospital ranked 20th in rheumatology, 21st in geriatrics, 23rd in neurology and neuroscience, 28th in gynecology, 31st for cancer, 36th for digestive disorders and 50th in urology.