Women’s, Men’s Golf Finish in the Middle of the Pack Over Weekend

Coming off of a strong third-place finish at the Hoya Invitational in early April, the Georgetown women’s golf team tied for ninth place with Western Carolina in the 16-team Bonnie Hoover Invitational at Lakeview Golf Course in Harrisonburg, Va., last weekend.

Princeton won the tournament with a team score of 900 while Georgetown shot a 956.

Senior Connie Isler turned in the top Hoya performance for the second tournament in a row. She finished with a combined score of 232 (78, 79, 75) on the par-72 course to place in a tie for 18th place.

Junior Nicole Hayashi came in second for Georgetown with a 236 (79, 80, 77) to tie for 29th, and junior Erin Cockren also finished in the top 50. Two freshman, Jenna Winokur and Marie Bos, rounded out the Georgetown team with Winokur in 69th place and Bos in a tie for 77th.

The next and final tournament for the women’s golf team will be the Big East Championship in South Bend, Ind., on April 22-24.

The Georgetown men also competed last weekend, playing at the Springdale Golf Club in Princeton, N.J., at the Princeton Invitational. The Hoyas shot a combined 911 to tie with Columbia for 10th place out of 17 teams. George Washington won the tournament with a team score of 881, edging out host Princeton.

Junior David Erickson was the top player for Georgetown, finishing with a three-round score of 221 (73, 73, 75) to put him in a three-way tie for 13th while classmate Matt Myers finished in a three-way tie for 16th with a combined 222 (74, 76, 72) on the par-71 course.

Sophomore Tim Moynihan shot a 233 (76, 78, 79), placing him in a tie for 55th. Senior Bob Molina and sophomore Matt Busa rounded out the Hoya five, both placing in the top 85 of the tournament.

The men’s team’s next even is the First Energy Intercollegiate this Saturday and Sunday in Akron, Ohio.