Best Bets: A Wiz and A Boss

It’s the last weekend before many of us leave campus for Easter break so Best Bets is here to make sure that you find something exciting to do with yourself  before heading home.

Friday:
Go to the Spring Concert with Wiz Khalifa featuring DJ Earworm tonight from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. You don’t even have to leave campus – just walk right over to McDonough Gym. If you haven’t purchased your ticket yet, there will be approximately 300 tickets available at the door ($25 for GU Students with a GoCard, $40 for Non-Students without GoCard). Even if you are one of the many who only know the lyrics to his well-known song, “Black and Yellow,” it is sure to be an awesome time.

Saturday:
If you are planning on seeing the beautiful Cherry Blossoms this weekend, make sure to check out the Blossom Kite Festival from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Kite enthusiasts compete to win awards in a variety of categories, and top prizes include the Theme Award, People’s Choice, Family Trophy and Highest Overall Score. The event takes places on the grounds of the Washington Monument so the most convenient Metro stations would be the Smithsonian or the Federal Triangle. If the weather’s nice, try Capital Bikeshare.

Sunday:
This Sunday Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be playing at the Verizon Center, one more stop on the band’s spring U.S. tour to promote the their new album, “Wrecking Ball,” which was released on March 6. The concert starts at 7:30pm, and, although tickets are officially sold out, check out sites like StubHub, TicketLiquidator and Craigslist. They might be pricey, but you do what you have to when the Boss is in town.

Photo: aquariumdrunkard.com

Fun fact about the photo featured here: it’s from when Springsteen played Gaston Hall back in March of 1974 – you can check out a recording here.