Hoya Transitions To New Leadership

The Hoya transitioned to a new editorial and publishing staff for spring 2016.

The new staff began their terms Nov. 21, producing their first print issue today.

Jess Kelham-Hohler (COL ’17) begins a yearlong term as the 142nd editor-in-chief of The Hoya, taking over from Mallika Sen (SFS ’16).

“Every position I have held at The Hoya has been incredibly rewarding, in large part because it has allowed me to work with such talented and enthusiastic people. Now as EIC, I am very much looking forward to the challenges and opportunities for innovation that this year will hold,” Kelham-Hohler said.

Suzanne Monyak (COL ’17), who served as city news editor in the fall of 2014, will assume the role of executive editor upon her return from studying abroad in Strasbourg, France.

“It’s been two semesters since my term as city news editor and I couldn’t be more ready and excited to dive back in this spring. After taking a full schedule of classes in French while abroad this semester, I’m just thrilled to be editing articles in my native language,” Monyak said.

Former Director of Human Resources and Opinion Editor Jinwoo Chong (COL ’17) will serve as managing editor.

“My favorite thing about working for The Hoya has always been spending time in the office. I’m glad that now I’ll always have an excuse to be there,” Chong said.

Former Layout Editor Shannon Hou (SFS ’18), will become The Hoya’s fifth online editor, taking over from Molly Simio (SFS ’17).

“Coming from the layout section, I’m excited to implement innovative design ideas to our online platforms. I’m excited to integrate more graphics and artwork into our articles online,” Hou said.

On the publishing side, former Accounting Manager Evan Zimmet (MSB ’17) starts a yearlong term as general manager, following Brian Carden (MSB ’16).

“I look forward to working with a highly talented and dedicated staff this upcoming year,” Zimmet said.

Chair of the board of directors Christina Wing (MSB ’16) will continue her yearlong term, which concludes in April.