4E Flix: Government Overload

4E Flix: Government Overload

Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 9.04.57 PM

And the countdown begins: Spring Break is almost here. Before we can head home or fly off to some tropical destination, we need to power through the rest of our midterms. But everyone needs a break every once in a while so we at 4E are here to provide you with some Netflix recommendations to get you through the next two weeks. Good luck everyone!

Parks and Recreation

Parks and RecreationAre you in desperate need of a 20-minute study break? Then put away the books to watch an episode of Parks and Recreation. Although there are already five seasons of this comedy series, you don’t need to start from the beginning to fall in love with the show. Parks and Recreation, which uses a mockumentary filming style like in The Office, is about the lives of local government officials in Pawnee, a small town in Indiana. Amy Poehler stars in the show as Leslie Knope, a perky and enthusiastic bureaucrat in the parks department. Since there is a wide range of characters from Ron Swanson, the staunch libertarian, to April Ludgate, the sarcastic college student, every viewer will be able to connect with one of the characters in this highly addicting series.

The American President

The American PresidentThis 1995 romantic comedy-drama has all of the elements of a great movie: love, suspense, and Michael Douglas. And, to top it off, it’s set in the best city in the world. Douglas plays President Andrew Shepherd who attempts to win over environmental lobbyist Sydney Ellen Wade after the death of his wife. For those West Wing fans, many elements of this movie are depicted in the popular TV series. If only I could watch this movie for my US Political Systems class!

Photo: Wikipedia 

4E Flix is a weekly post designed to help the Netflixer with nothing new to watch. The Fourth Edition is not affiliated with Netflix in any way.