Dive In to Tune Inn

4eats tune inn

Tune Inn
As Georgetown students, it’s not highly uncommon to dine next to senators and congressmen. If you want to go to restaurant with a high chance of a political leader sighting, we tune in to Tune Inn, a restaurant 3 blocks from the Capitol. Featured on Food Network’s “Diners, Dine-Ins and Dives”, Tune Inn boasts itself to be a 100% genuine dive.

Started in 1947 by Joe Nardelli, Tune Inn has been described by regulars as “the quintessential Capitol Hill establishment”. Managed by Nardelli’s granddaughter Lisa and head chef Michael Tate, the restaurant continues cooking up dishes that keep customers coming back.

Open Monday – Friday from 8am – 2am and Saturday – Sunday from 8am – 3:30am, you can meet all types of people at the Inn. Customers range from firemen to off-duty cops, from senators to locals, and ultimately, anyone who just wants to have a good time with good food. So if you’re looking for some cheap eats and a real diner-bar experience, head down to the Capitol and sample these amazing dishes:

Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, breaded and deep fried (served with marinara)

Tune Inn Fries A large helping of battered fries covered in cheddar cheese, sautéed onions and crumbled bacon (served with salsa ranch dressing)

Tune Inn Nachos Piled with pulled barbecue pork, sautéed onions, cheddar cheese, jalapeños, and side of salsa

Tony’s Beer Battered Burger Burger is grilled, beer battered, dropped in the deep fryer and topped with cheese

Joe’s West Virginia Freshly cooked roast beef piled high, American cheese and signature sauce, grilled on rye

Tune Inn Burger Hamburger topped with signature sauce, American cheese and onion straws

Check out Tune Inn’s complete menu here.

Easy Nachos
For your own quick go-to diner staple at home, try these easy-to-make nachos. They’re great for Friday movie night get-togethers!

Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Meanwhile, shred 1 pound of sharp cheddar cheese. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread about half of a 14-ounce bag of tortilla chips on the baking sheet in an even layer. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over the chips. Repeat with remaining chips and cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with your choice of toppings. Serve immediately.