Fall Concerts in DC

DC FALL CONCERTS 2013As we leave Columbus Day Weekend in our rearview mirror and snap back into the reality that midterms occur more often than just “mid-term”, the stretch between now and Thanksgiving can seem a little daunting.  Luckily, D.C. provides great opportunities for a weeknight escape or a weekend endeavor that won’t jeopardize your next-day productivity. Here are a couple of the concerts and shows that caught my eye that are coming up in the very near future:

Aaron Carter- Sunday, October 20th, 7:30 PM; Fillmore Silver SpringAC-Wallpaper-aaron-carter-19945930-1600-1218

Do you like Candy? Yes, you read this correctly: the Aaron Carter is not only still touring, but is coming to Silver Spring in a week.  While I would assume his voice is a little deeper since the last time we heard from him, I’m sure it will still be a great show. If not, it’s just time for us washed up ’90s kids to relive our glory days.

Cold War Kids- Friday October 25th, 8:00 PM; 9:30 Club

After selling out the 24th (show starts at 7:00), the 9:30 Club brought back the Cold War Kids for a second night on Friday.  If indie-rock is your thing, then this is a can’t-miss concert.  The only question is, if Cold War Kids keeps getting more popular, can it still be considered indie?

Chance the Rapper- Sunday, October 27th, 7:00 PM; Fillmore Silver Spring

A lesser known, yet still extremely talented rapper, Chance will provide you with some rhymes that rival anything you’ll read in your English textbooks on a Sunday night.

Drake- Thursday, October 31st, 7:00 PM; Verizon Center

Tired of trick-or-treating? Go spend your last night of October with Drizzy Drake himself, and hear all of your favorite party songs live.

Barenaked Ladies- Monday, November 4th, 7:00 PM; Lincoln Theatre

Yet another late-nineties sensation returns to D.C. to break us away from our stressful school schedules, and bring us back to much, much simpler times.

These are just a few of the dozens of shows that you can find in D.C. during the fall.  Be sure to check out the venues schedules (all linked above but this is a video a of cat just because) so you don’t miss your favorite band!