The Girls’ Room Guide

the perfect pottyNow that I’ve spent about a semester and a half here I think it’s time that I provide you with a comprehensive list and appraisal of arguably the most necessary resources on campus: the bathrooms.

I’m going to stick to public bathrooms because you won’t let me inspect your private bathroom (still not entirely sure why, though) and because I think a review of Georgetown public bathrooms will be of greatest service to my fellow Hoyas. Which potty will receive my coveted 4E Best Bathroom Award? Read on to find out.

Note: I can’t speak for men’s bathrooms. Sorry.

Which building will receive the Bestest Bathroom Award?
Which building will receive the 4E Best Bathroom Award?

Lau

Lau’s bathrooms provide a lovely sanctuary to quietly cry about your imploding schedule and upcoming midterms. However, if you glance at the back of the stall door, you’ll notice an upsetting edition of the Stall Seat Journal. (The current paper is all about the calories that we drink and it may make you sad.) Still, I appreciate mystery Stall Seat journalists’ attempts to inform the Georgetown population about the dangers of Adderall and liquid caloric intake, so thank you. Overall, Lau library bathrooms are in decent shape: They’re not that pretty to look at but they are smart and we can all relate to intelligence while studying at Lau.

Leo’s

The bathrooms in Leo’s are generally super clean because nobody uses them. They’re the perfect refuge to duck into while avoiding that person you always see in Leo’s who says he knows you but you don’t seem to recall. Just don’t sit in there and eat your lunch. If none of your friends are free to eat, go sit by yourself: It’ll build your character. Or you could sit with me! I’m such a good friend and I’ll tell you about bathrooms and other interesting places on campus. If you do decide to sit by yourself, please don’t take a big table. Then I just might have to send you back to your toilet seat. Which, as I mentioned earlier, is super clean.

Regents

Regents is lovely and so are its bathrooms. One time while washing my hands in the notoriously chic Regents sinks, I happened upon a discovery. I noticed a rapid influx of mothers and their high school daughters. As a former prospective student I know that some campus tours end just outside of Regents. Some might say tours end here for the view. I say tours end here for the bathrooms.

Epicurean

Epicurean’s bathrooms are swanky. Real swanky. Top notch toilets and a buffet to boot. Bonus points: They’re available almost 24/7.

ICC

There’s a weird gaping hole in the wall of one of the bathrooms in the ICC, but there’s fun writing on the stall doors! In other words, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this one. These lavatories can also get insanely crowded between classes and they’re very small, so avoid walking in them with a large backpack.

Hariri

Stunning. Five Stars. I expect nothing less from the business school. However, I would like to mention that the paper towel dispenser gives a sizably longer ration than any other building on campus and that’s so not green, MSB.

The 4E Best Bathroom Award goes to…

Mine. Oops, sorry. I live in VCE so I happen to have my own personal loo. It’s super convenient and there are even rubber duckies. In terms of public bathrooms on campus, though, basically stick to the newer buildings to find nicer bathrooms. It makes sense. So don’t be stupid.

Photos: heavy.com, justbathroomsigns.com