Friday Fixat10ns: Spring Concert Edition

[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/3580015″]

By now, some of you may know that the headliners for the Spring Kick-Off Concert are official. In less than a month, McDonough Gymnasium will be the venue for Big Sean and the White Panda.

For those of you who don’t know, Big Sean is a hip-hop artist/rapper from Detroit, signed with Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music record label. The White Panda are two childhood friends who make crazy good mashups for a living. With the two acts performing, this concert will definitely be a good time. Here at 4E, we’ve compiled a quick playlist of a few of both artists’ songs. Listen to it when you’re stuck in Lau, at Yates or doing something else that’s not as fun as a concert.

1. Control (ft. Kendrick Lamar, Jay Electronica) – Big Sean Yes, this is the song where Kendrick drops truth bombs everywhere. But Big Sean kills his verse too, making it a great track overall.

2. Animals (ft. Kendrick Lamar) – The White Panda Mashing up Kendrick, Tiesto and others, this song definitely won’t kill your vibe.

3. Clique (ft. Big Sean, Jay-Z) – Kanye West Technically not Big Sean’s song, but a great track nevertheless. Besides his verse, Big Sean gets a couple of his signature “Oh GAWD’s” in there.

4. Dance (A$$) Remix (ft. Nicki Minaj) – Big Sean A classic.

5. Midnight Life – The White Panda A mashup of M83’s “Midnight City” and Kanye’s “Good Life,” this song is a prime example of when a mashup sounds ludicrous but actually works.

6. Beware (ft. Jheno Aiko, Lil Wayne)  – Big Sean A single from last year’s Hall of Fame, this “cautionary love song” comes with a great music video.

7. Stereo Hands – The White Panda Mixing “Stereo Love”, Waka Flaka and Wale sounds ridiculous until you hear this song.

8. What You Know About Little Secrets – The White Panda So T.I. and Passion Pit sound pretty good together!

9. Ashley (ft. Miguel) – Big Sean Besides having a great hook (courtesy of Miguel – when is he coming to Georgetown?), this song shows Big Sean’s emotional side without sacrificing his great rapping.

10. Deep In the Levels – The White Panda Adele + Avicii = concert bliss. The moral of the story is that The White Panda can do no wrong, and they, along with Big Sean, are going to kill it at the Spring Concert.

Photo: Georgetown Program Board, jayelaudio.com, stateinthereal.com