Make Tinder Fun

twinder graphicHas Tinder become boring for you? It certainly has for us at the Fourth Edition. In our fast-paced blogging world we get tired of apps really quickly. Luckily, one brave soul named Samer Kalaf from theconcourse.deadspin.com recently pioneered a new approach to the dating app. In a risky and possibly reputation-demolishing move, the groundbreaking journalist decided to communicate with his dating prospects solely through Jaden Smith’s tweets (@officialjaden). Kalaf was looking for the perfect woman, a woman who would appreciate the complexity and intellectual depth of Jaden Smith’s sage tweets.

Tweets like this:

Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 10.07.45 PM

The results are glorious. 

The Fourth Edition, as usual, would like to suggest that you try this at home. Here are some of the characters, celebrities and movies you should attempt to impersonate via Tinder and some quotes that are particularly apropos:

Spongebob

• “I’m ready, I’m ready, I’m ready ready ready.”
  • “I wumbo, she wumbo, he-she-me wumbo. Wumboing, wumbology, the study of wumbo!”
  • “I’m ugly and I’m proud!”
  • “I don’t need it, I don’t need it!”
  • “I’m no weenie!”
  • “Be true to yourself, don’t miss your chance and you won’t end up like a fool who ripped his pants!”

Frank Underwood

• “Finish your thought.”
  • “I love that woman. I love her more than sharks love blood.”
  • “As we used to say in Gaffney, never slap a man while he’s chewing tobacco.”
  • “I’ve always loathed the necessity of sleep. Like death, it puts even the most powerful men on their backs.”
  • “Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.”

Amanda Bynes

• “My lawyer is getting my case dropped! There was no proof of sexual harassment or drugs. Instead of me asking for the cop to be arrested for sexual harassment, I want my case dropped as well.”
  • “I only smoke tobacco I don’t drink or do drugs. I’ve never had a bong in my life!”
  • “I need Nicki Minaj’s wig person stat!”

Bridesmaids

• “Carroll! Get your s— together, Carroll!”
  • “Oh you live in Milwaukee? I’m sorry.”
  • “It’s called civil rights. This is the ’90s.”
  • “You are more beautiful than Cinderella! You smell like pine needles, and have a face like sunshine!”

Any quality quotes we’ve missed? Share your most inspired ideas with us in the comments section below!