4E’s Unconventional Packing Guide

Unconventional Packing

As the summer slowly winds down, and move-in weekend draws closer by the day, it is time to start shopping and packing for the school year.  For incoming freshmen, that means getting ready to live away from home for the first time, and packing up your life to bring to the Hilltop.  While the generic packing lists at all of the stores are great, they don’t always cover everything.  So we at 4E put our heads together, and came up with some things you won’t want to leave home without.

Sporting Equipment 

Whether it’s a baseball glove or a tennis racket, a quick catch or rally can be a great icebreaker when you’re meeting new people.

Fanny Pack

Especially important for a particular end of the year celebration (GEORGETOWN DAY!!!).

Small Personal Fan

D.C. can get humid, so a small fan that fits to your bed can be very useful.

Random Costume Stuff

Costumes are no longer just for Halloween.  Any given weekend can present you with a themed party, and Georgetown isn’t an area known for its thrift shops (although if you need a thrift fix, Buffalo Exchange is the place to go), so come prepared.

Desk Chair Cushion

Pretty self-explanatory, but the freshman room desk chairs aren’t known for being particularly comfortable.

Tylenol

Just in case, I don’t know, you hit your head or something.

A Tool Kit 

You probably don’t need to lug a whole toolbox to D.C., but a screwdriver can come in handy, especially during move-in.

Home-made Cookies/Brownies, etc.

Nothing cures homesickness quite like desserts.   

A Solid Pump-up Playlist

Whether you’re an incoming freshman entering a long night of common room socializing, or a returning Hoya who needs some power behind you before seeing your Biology crush, a little “Eye Of the Tiger” never hurt.

A Good Attitude! 

Cheesy? Absolutely. But move-in, while super exciting, can be pretty draining; however, with the right mindset, you’ll be ready to enjoy NSO.

That’s all for our packing list, but check out the New Student Guide for some more packing tips. https://newstudent.thehoya.com/the-dos-and-donts-of-packing/

Photos: pinterest.com, thecollegejuice.com

Gif: pigeonsandplanes.com