The Colbert Report Is Coming to GW

Colbert at GW

Stephen Colbert will be interviewing President Barack Obama at George Washington University on Monday, Dec. 8 as part of a special episode of one of 4E’s favorite shows, the late-night satirical television show “The Colbert Report”.

The episode is titled “Stephen Colbert Presents: Mr. Colbert Goes to Washington D.C. Ya Later, Legislator: Partisan is Such Sweet Sorrow: A Colbert Victory Lap, ‘014.” So basically, what you would expect it to be titled.

Some lucky GW kids got free tickets through a lottery this week. Although most Georgetown students don’t have tickets to the event, we can still speculate about what the interview will entail.

Colbert will probably grill Obama about recent decisions made by the government (or lack thereof). Some classic themes that the plebeians will recognize are the mid-term elections and possibly the Ebola epidemic.

He might make some comment about Obama’s quick aging over the last few years, and he might inquire about the Obama family’s holiday plans: Will they be jetting off to Hawaii to soak up the warm weather? Heading abroad for some international sightseeing? Staying in Washington to revel in the friendly and un-jaded atmosphere?

Colbert seems excited to visit the capital of the nation he loves to hate: “Washington has been the Report’s second home, and I will be returning on Monday to show it the same affection the British did in 1812.”

He is looking forward to seeing the monuments, better known as “that big toothpick,” “mega-Lincoln,” and “the pool with that handsome man staring out at it.”

Tune in Monday night to see this particularly star-studded special of The Colbert Report. It’s sure to be a thriller! Just try to forget that they picked GW over Georgetown.

Photo: mashable.com