Ben and Jerry’s Pot-Infused Ice Cream

bob-marley_03

We all knew that Ben and Jerry had some hippie habits with their introduction of ice cream flavors such as Half-baked, Phish Food and Jamaican Me Crazy. But now the duo are ready to take it to the next level: they are proposing a pot-infused ice cream flavor! With marijuana being legalized in several states such as Colorado, Washington, Alaska and now DC, the two are quoted saying “makes sense to me, combine your pleasures”. Considering that in the last year Colorado sold over 5 million edibles, Ben and Jerry could be on to something. And have they let us down before?

Here are some possible names for this proposed ice cream….

Super-Baked: This ice cream flavor is similar to half-baked except for the fact that swirled in with those cookie dough chunks is a sprinkle of cannabis… or maybe more that a sprinkle.

Is This Love: In honor of the dread wearing, free lovin’ Jamaican legend Bob Marley, this flavor takes on a more tropical feel. You’ll be able to be free of worry as you taste this mango and pineapple combo… and a little marijuana.

Two Birds, One Stone(d):  As Ben Cohen stated earlier why not “combine two pleasures”? This Nutella, caramel and weed infused ice cream may do the trick.

Cannabiscotti and Cream: Sorry to say I did not come up with this name myself, but it sounds pretty clever to me. This flavor would have a more sophisticated flare with biscotti chunks and a rich butterscotch after taste.

Chunky Monkey Munchies: A play on an already existing Ben and Jerry’s flavor, Chunky Monkey, this ice cream with chocolate chunks and walnuts may leave you feeling hungrier. Lucky for you, this isn’t your first rodeo and you are prepared with another pint of ice cream.

Blaze of Glory: For all of those chocolate lovers out there, this is the flavor for you. It’s creamy chocolate ice cream infused with “special” brownies will leave you feeling delightful.

Though Ben and Jerry consider this idea to be genius, it is not up to them if production can actually begin.  So, it may be a while until we actually see this ice cream in stores.

Sources: Time Magazine “Ben & Jerry’s Founders Think Pot Ice Cream Makes Sense”

Photos/Gifs: Tumblr.com,  benjerry.co.uk