Pre-Registration Fails

Pre-Registration+Fails

prereg

Every semester I go into pre-registration feeling excited and confident. I plan out the perfect schedule and envision a fabulous next semester for myself. Yet, something always seems to go awry and I end up confused, angry and in despair. I’m not a pre-frosh registering for the first time, so why is this happening to me?

why

If you’ve felt this way in the last few days you are not alone. Pre-registration tricks you into thinking you have control over your own schedule and then it pulls the rug out from under you and you end up lying facedown on the floor. Here are some typical pre-registration fails we’ve all encountered to help you feel better about submitting those classes today.

smile

1. Choosing the wrong professor. You plan to take the same boring intro class as your best friend so that you can help each other through the pain. A month later, you realized you signed up for different professors of the same class….

2. The infamous “any section” button. You really need the class to fulfill a requirement, so of course you say yes to “any section”! Only later do you realize that you never actually checked what the other sections of HUMW I actually are…. thus you end up in the Germanic Christian Hero (is that even a class you ask? Why yes, I took it Freshman year).

3. Picking a class that you thought fulfilled a requirement… but it turns out your maths need to be consecutive to count towards the general distribution requirement. I’m sorry, what? Calculus and Stats, those are consecutive right?

really

4. Plugging in the wrong CRN number. This doesn’t happen as often, but when it does it’s a disaster. You copy and paste so many CRNs into those little boxes that eventually you are bound to make a mistake. If you don’t realize it in time you might find yourself in some interesting classes next semester.

5. Pre-registering for a class because your friend told you it was “great”… only to later learn that “great” is synonymous with “torture”. You’ll never look at your friend the same way again. You call this enjoyable?

devil

So no matter how hard you fail, just know you’re not alone. Also, chances are you will graduate in the end. And who knows, sometimes those random classes you accidentally pre-register for turn out to be the coolest ones!

Photos/Gifs: giphy.com; buzzfeed.com; gurl.com; fanpop.com; survivingcollege.com