A Guide to DC Happy Hours

2012-09-17-image04Finished with finals and ready to get your drink on? Not finished with finals but ready to procrastinate with some cocktails? Happy hours are the best, but it can be difficult to know where to go for all the best deals. If you’re looking to get out of Georgetown for the afternoon, here are some great happy hour deals around DC.

1. El Centro (1218 Wisconsin Ave): Ok, so this one is a little close to home, but its happy hour menu is a hidden gem here in Georgetown. From 4-7pm you can get $5 Margaritas and free salsa lessons. The trick is, the more margaritas you have, the better your salsa dancing becomes.

dancing

2. Grillfish (1200 New Hampshire Ave): I love to knock back cocktails as much as the next girl, but sometimes you just need really good food on a happy hour menu. If you want to try something a little more sophisticated than the classic nachos and wings, head over to Grillfist for $1.50 oysters (only $1 on Wednesdays and Fridays). You can even get fish tacos for $3 ($2 on Monday). Plus, their beers are relatively cheap ($6 and under). So if you want some good beer and fancy food, head over to Grillfish.

3. District Commons (2200 Washington Cir): Yes, this is a GW bar, but they also have some fantastic happy hour deals. If you’re willing to shlep it down to Foggy Bottom you can enjoy specialty cocktails and draft beers for only $5 from 4-6pm and 10pm-close. Better yet, some of their signature appetizers are only $5 too!

gourmet

4. The Pig (1320 14th St NW): I realize that some of our readers might not be interested in the sugary cocktails and are looking for something a little stronger. If you’re a fan of dark liquor then you should head on over to The Pig from 4-7pm for bourbon happy hour. You can also get a crap ton of bacon… and who doesn’t love that?

bacon

5. Vinoteca (1940 11th St NW): If you’re looking for a classy happy hour that is a bit more lively, head over to U street for Vinoteca’s happy hour, every day from 5-7pm. Not only are there $5 glasses of wine and draft beers, you can also play bocce while you drink! Why, you might ask? The answer is why not!? So if you want to look like a swanky adult for the night, without going over your $15 dollar budget, this is the place for you.

DC has some of the best happy hours around. While these are 5 fabulous options, be sure to check out all DC has to offer (especially if you’re around this summer). While going to Tombs every night is fun, sometimes its important to GTFO and search for new venues. Remember, you must be at least 21 to hit up these alcoholic deals and please drink responsibly. No one likes a Sloppy Sally during adult happy hours.

Photos/gifs: https://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-drunk-ron-swanson-6vWVzDv19i3MQ and https://www.arlnow.com/2010/12/31/top-10-most-read-stories-in-2010/ and https://imgur.com/gallery/6mwthZp