M Street Says Goodbye to Froyo (Again)

027

Today 4E discovered the greatest tragedy on M Street since the closure of RhinoSweetgreen has stopped serving frozen yogurt. This feels like a personal attack, as Sweetgreen was founded by three Georgetown graduates.

When the local Pinkberry closed its doors last spring, packs of basic white girls flocked to the corner of M and Bank to get their fix of this “healthy” ice cream alternative. However, now Sweetgreen has decided to cease production of their only dessert option, sticking to the standards: salad, grain bowls, soups and beverages.

After spending $11 on a salad with lite dressing and saying no to bread, a small cup of froyo was the perfect indulgence. What’s the point of salad if not to justify dessert?

parks-and-rec-treat-yo-self

Although frozen yogurt does have fewer calories than ice cream, walking a few extra blocks to T Sweets or Ben and Jerry’s will help even out your consumption. (Okay, it probably won’t, but you can convince yourself otherwise.)

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 3.15.24 PM

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 3.15.33 PM

Thankfully Pinkberry has reopened, but without Sweetgreen froyo, nothing is the same.

Good luck finding alternative summer snacks, and RIP to the Sweetgreen froyo business.

Photos: myfitnesspal.com; fannetasticfood.com; elitedaily.com