MARCH MADNESS: The Final Four

FINAL FOUR fi

After two weeks of voting, we’ve finally made it to the Final Four in The Fourth Edition’s March Madness bracket: The Best of Georgetown!

To catch up on the arguments for every round, click here.

———————–

HOT CHICK

Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 3.24.36 AM

Emerging victorious from the Wisey’s Sandwich region was the third-seeded Hot Chick, who defeated Burger Madness in the first round and then bested the first seed Chicken Madness to clinch the region. Its combination of chicken fingers, cayenne ranch dressing, pepper jack cheese and tomatoes is a force to be reckoned with. A Hot Chick is only a couple of blocks away from our hallowed front gates and brightens the days of many students when the task of waiting 20 minutes in the Leo’s wok line is just too daunting. But is it the best part about Georgetown?

———————–

THE TOMBS

Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 3.27.26 AM

The Tombs predictably destroyed Mr. Smith and Rhino in the first and second rounds, respectively. The delicious spinach and artichoke dip, proximity to campus, and tradition surrounding this Georgetown bar make it a strong contender for the win. Every Hoya needs to have their forehead stamped on his or her 21st birthday, and every under-21 Hoya longs for that day to come. Do you think all the hype is worth it?

———————–

BILL CLINTON

Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 3.28.47 AM

Bill Clinton pulled out the win against Zoey Bartlet and then crushed Patrick Ewing, who was the  Cinderella story of this bracket. President Clinton brings much prestige to the Georgetown name, which was demonstrated earlier this year when the lovely Hillary came to speak in Gaston. It’s hard to pit a person against a sandwich, a bar and an event, but do you think Bill can hold his own?

———————–

GEORGETOWN DAY

Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 3.30.43 AM

Georgetown Day faced no problems in the Georgetown Traditions region, demolishing Swimming in Dahlgren Fountain and holding a more special place in the hearts of Hoyas than Running to the White House. Georgetown Day is a light for many Hoyas that shines at the end of the tunnel of a difficult school year. A day full of fun and libations right on campus is hard to compete with, but, then again, I’m a freshman who has yet to experience this firsthand. I’m sure there are just as many unpleasant memories associated with this day as there are positive ones, but can they really outweigh the Georgetown-iness of Georgetown Day?

———————–

VOTE NOW TO DECIDE WHO WILL WIN “THE BEST OF GEORGETOWN”

Polls close Saturday, April 6th

[cardoza_wp_poll id=20]