Friday Fixat10ns: Songs To Nap To This Weekend

Friday Fixat10ns

Having one of those weeks where all you want to do is take a nap? Well, you are in luck because here at 4E we have come up with the perfect soundtrack to listen to (or sleep to) while you catch up on those Zzs. If you fall asleep before this playlist ends, we did our job.

[8tracks url=”[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/7858234″]

1.  “In Your Atmosphere” – John Mayer: Didn’t get that dream internship in L.A.? Neither did John Mayer it seems. Let the soothing sounds of John Mayer sing you to sleep as you contemplate the fear of living at home for yet another summer with your family.
  2. “Like Real People Do”- Hozier: Learn to nap like real people do with awesome sound tracks like this one. Listening to Hozier’s mellow sound will send you into a hypnotizing sleep, the kind of 8 hours a night sleep that “real people” are supposed to get.
  3. “Landslide”- Fleetwood Mac: Georgetown is stressful, with so many clubs, classes and other activities, it can seem like a landslide of work is constantly pilling up. Listen to this song to get away from your worries, if only for an afternoon nap.
  4. Stop this Train”- John Mayer: Yet another shining example of why I consider John Mayer to be the mayor (haha get it) of nap time. Drift off to sleep while contemplating growing old and all the stress that comes with it.
  5. “Clean”- Taylor Swift: This song may be inspired by Taylor’s breakup with One Directioner Harry Styles, but it can also be applied to your soon-to-be breakup with your high GPA. Listening to this song will give you a sense of peace and make you feel “clean” inside and out.
  6. “I Want to Write You a Song”- One Direction: Speaking of Harry Styles, here is a super cute 1D song that is perfect for dozing off. Bonus points if you end up dreaming about writing a song with 1D.
  7. “Cherry Wine”- Hozier: What could be better than wine and napping? That’s right, listening to this Hozier song about wine while napping. If you listen closely, it almost sounds like Hozier himself is getting a little sleepy just singing.
  8. “Hate to See Your Heart Break”- Hayley & Joy Williams:  Your heart will break if you don’t listen to this one. It has some low notes and some high points, but most importantly it will rock you to sleep like the lullaby you wish your mom could have sung to you.
  9. “Autumn Leaves”-Ed Sheeran: Yes, I know, it is technically spring right now, but it has been so cold lately that it is practically autumn again. This Ed Sheeran bonus track might be one of my favorite nappy time songs, it is just so sweet and sleepy.
  10. “I’ll Be Good”- Jaymes Young: Ah yes, what I tell myself every Friday night. I’ll be good this weekend, I’ll wake up before 11, I’ll do my homework, I’ll work out. Instead of actually doing any of those thing, just listen to this song and you will be filled with a sense that you actually did something good.

Well, there you have it! 4E’s perfect playlist to nap to this weekend! So don’t start working on all of those huge final research papers, take a nap instead.

Gifs: giphy.com

Music: https://8tracks.com/