Alumna Jumps Off NYC High-Rise, Dies at 27

Jessica Fashano (MSB ’05) shocked much of the New York financial world Saturday when she allegedly threw herself off of the Trump Place Tower in New York City. According to the New York Police Department, there is no evidence of foul play in the death of the 27-year-old alumna who worked as an investment banking associate at Citi Global Market.

any members of the Georgetown community are mourning Fashano’s death, according to a statement released by McDonough School of Business Dean Norean Sharpe.

“Jessica will be greatly missed by all of the Georgetown faculty and her former business school classmates. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jessica’s family and many friends during this difficult time,” Sharpe said.

A Whippany, N.J., native who kept in touch with her college friends, Fashano graduated from Georgetown magna cum laude with finance and international business majors and a Spanish minor, according to Business Insider.

From surveillance video of the scene, officials determined that Fashano arrived at Trump Place Tower, 16 blocks away from her Manhattan apartment, early on Saturday morning. A resident rode with her in the elevator to the top of Trump Place, and said that Fashano was alert and aware at the time.

Fashano had asked the resident how to get to the roof, which has views of the Hudson River and New Jersey.

Close friend and fellow 2005 graduate Michelle Javian was supposed to meet Fashano for brunch that Saturday morning.

“She just had everything someone could want to be successful,” Javian told The New York Times. “She was always the leader, had everything organized,” she added.

Fashano was taking depression medication, according to the police, but Javian said she talked to her daily. “It’s like something just changed overnight. … Something just snapped, and we don’t know,” she said to the Times.

According to her peers, Fashano shined at her job. Associates described her as always working hard and giving her best effort, and she was featured in a corporate video about the company. Fashano was also active in philanthropy efforts, helping to coordinate fund-raisers for a number of causes, according to the Times.”