MSB Programs Ranked Highly In Three National Publications

Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business was placed among top business schools in the rankings of various international MBA programs by three national publications.

BusinessWeek listed the International Executive MBA program at 11th globally and 10th nationally in its Oct. 20 issue. In subject area, the IEMBA program held the number one spot in the world in “strategy” and the third in “global business.”

“This is a very young program, we’re in our 10th year,” Assistant Dean and IEMBA Director Lisa Kaminski said. “The rankings are a reflection of the commitment that the faculty made to this program 10 years ago.”

Georgetown’s IEMBA program debuted in the Financial Times Executive MBA survey, ranking at 15th in the world and 10th in the U.S. The program also was eighth nationally for percentage increase in salary, with graduates participating in the survey experiencing a 53 percent increase since receiving their IEMBA degrees in 2000.

According to Kaminski, the IEMBA program is designed for working professionals with a minimum of eight years of work experience. The program is designed to enhance existing skills and broaden opportunities in the workplace for its graduates.

Forbes ranked the business school at 24th overall in its survey of 67 U.S. and 18 international MBA programs. The survey also found that Georgetown MBA graduates in 1999 saw their pre-MBA salaries increase 224 percent from the year before they came to school in 1996.

Factors used to determine the rankings ranged from the quality of the curriculum, intensity of the program and career progression of graduates to the diversity of MBA students and faculty experience.

“This program is innovative and creative which allows the business school to be entrepreneurial reflective,” Kaminski said. “The rankings validate that there’s a market for such an education.”