New CORP Executives Reveal Big Plans

They have big plans for Georgetown. Improving student services, giving back to the community and maybe making a mean cup of coffee on the side.

Welcome the Corp’s new leadership.

The group’s new top three executives took office Wednesday.

Bryan Carroll (SFS ’07), former director of More Uncommon Grounds, is the new chief executive officer and president of the Corp. He is the first president since 2001 to have previously led one of the organization’s three coffee shops.

Joining Carroll are Jillian Duran (COL ’07) as chief operations officer, and Neil Morgan (MSB ’07), who will serve as chief financial officer.

The officers were chosen by the Corp’s previous Board of Directors following an interview and application process, according to a Corp statement.

The new officers expressed excitement and anticipation for the year ahead.

“We’re really excited about this and all the other new opportunities that are opening up for us now that we are the new officers,” Carroll said. “Last year’s officers really did a great job. They had a vision the entire year and our job is to just build off that foundation.”

The new officers plan to introduce employee initiatives and customer service benchmarks in order to increase employment satisfaction, as well as expand the services of the current stores to meet the changing demands of students, Carroll said.

Students can expect the return of a secret shopper program, designed to allow students to comment on the quality provided by the Corp’s products and services, according to the statement.

“The Corp prides itself on its ability to respond to what students want,” Duran said in a prepared statement. “We’re looking at vast improvements and additions to Corp online operations, including MovieMayhem.org and The Book Co-Op.”

The new officers also said that they look forward to making improvements both internally and externally, and hope to match the record financial success that the Corp enjoyed in 2005, posting a record net income of more than $113,000.

“We hope to build off profit and give back to Georgetown in ways our predecessors never imagined,” Morgan said in the statement. “We’d like to see our Philanthropy Committee make more of a commitment to community service on the part of our employees.”

This shift in leadership will continue next week with the selection of the corporation’s Upper Management, which directs each of the Corp’s services and stores.