Players to Watch – Marist

Bo EhikioyaCo-captaining the Red Foxes for the second consecutive season, the 2007 all-MAAC first-team honoree has performed admirably during his senior campaign. The 5-foot-11, 220-pound running back has an uncanny ability to dictate the tempo of a football game by wearing down opposing defenses. This season Ehikioya is averaging 5.7 yards per carry with 11 touchdowns and just below 100 yards per game. The West Hempstead, N.Y., native is an extremely explosive tailback with big-game potential. Earlier this season against Iona, Ehikioya torched the Gaels for 222 yards and a touchdown.

In a press release, Marist Head Coach Jim Parady said, “Bo’s going to rank as one of the best players in this program.” Ehikioya is Marist’s Division I all-time leading rusher, breaking the previous mark of 3,156 yards earlier this season. He has also become Marist’s all-time leader in rushing touchdowns with 44 scores. Although his career is drawing to a close, Ehikioya will undoubtedly leave an enduring legacy upon Marist football.

As Hoya fans will remember, Ehikioya is also remarkably clutch. In last season’s triple-overtime thriller, Ehikioya’s 6-yard touchdown run provided Marist with the game-winning score. If Georgetown is to avoid a repeat performance, the Hoya front seven must find a way to effectively clog Ehikioya and the Red Foxes’ running attack.

Rory Foley

The sophomore defensive back has caused problems for opposing offenses throughout his short career. Foley finished last year with 66 tackles, including a mind-boggling 46 tackles over the season’s final four games. The 5-foot-10, 206-pound West Roxbury, Mass., native was named a member of the all-MAAC second team and the 2007 MAAC Co-rookie of the Year.

Foley is an extremely versatile defensive back, as he is a remarkably effective pass rusher. This season, Foley ranks second on the team with 65 tackles and is leading the squad with 30 solo tackles. Foley also has five tackles for a loss, including two sacks. Demonstrated by his team-leading five interceptions, Foley has the rare ability to change the momentum of a game at any time.

Prior to Marist, Foley attended Canterbury Prep, where he led his squad to an undefeated season. Outside of football, Foley takes interest in weightlifting and wiffle ball.

In last year’s game against Georgetown, Foley had 14 tackles and successfully defended several key passes, earning Foley MAAC rookie of the week honors. Georgetown must find a way to block Foley; otherwise, the young Hoya offense may be in for a long day.

– Lance Pauker