Snapshot: Chris Olarte, Wisemiller’s Deli Cook

Lucye Rafferty/The Hoya Chris Olarte

Chris Olarte is a familiar face to the numerous Georgetown students who place orders every day at Wisemiller’s Deli, the popular local eatery. In 1997, Olarte came to the United States from the Philippines with his sister and mother. He has been working at Wisey’s for four years, and works the 3 p.m. to midnight shift six days a week.

What’s your favorite item on the menu to make? Of course, the Chicken Madness. Everybody loves that.

What’s your favorite food in general? I like rigatoni, from Italy.

What do you think of the students who come in to order at Wisey’s? They’re very nice, they smile a lot, they say `hi’ every time when you see them outside.

What are some of your favorite activities? I like cruising around [and] watching movies and TV shows.

What’s your favorite movie? I think The atrix – that was good. I liked that one.

Who would you like to win the presidential election next year? I guess maybe Bush … because he’s done so much for this country, to help everybody. He did his best.

Who would you like to win the World Series this year? No idea.

Which person, living or dead, would you most like to meet and why? I guess maybe Oprah because she’s cool, she’s talented.

Who was the biggest influence in your life? Oh, my father – because he helped me a lot when I needed it, he was always there for me … My dad is there [in the Philippines] now, running a business.