Student Reports Robbery at Gunpoint

A Georgetown student was allegedly robbed at gunpoint by three men last Friday on the 3600 block of N Street.

The student, who wished to remain anonymous, was walking on the sidewalk on N Street when a man “walked up in front of him and pointed a silver handgun in his face,” according to the etropolitan Police Department incident report. Two other men then took the student’s IBM laptop, his Commerce Bank card and $50 in cash. The report listed the estimated value of the stolen property to be $750.

In the report, the student described the suspect who produced the gun as a black male in his 20s, about 6 feet tall and approximately 180 pounds. He said the suspect was wearing a black jacket and dark pants.

The student described the other two suspects as black males in their 20s, both about 5’10” and wearing dark coats and pants, the report said.

Second District MPD Lt. Roland Hoyle said that incidents like last Friday’s rarely escalate.

“They really never end up turning into a deadly shooting or something serious,” he said.

Nevertheless, he advised that students be more alert.

“Any time if you’re by yourself at night and you’re out there walking, you better make sure you’re aware of your surroundings,” he said.