4Eats: Our Guide to Fall Eating

Well, it’s that time folks. Sweater weather. Boots. Leaves. Turkeys. Hurricanes? Yes, Hoyas, fall is in full swing, and that means it’s time for the season of eating. Thanksgiving might be a few weeks away, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get out into the city and enjoy some delicious grub. At The Fourth Edition, we were quite inspired by The Washington Post’s Tom Sietsema and his Fall Dining Guide, so we decided to give you our own—college friendly, budget friendly, and tummy friendly—list of Fall’s Best. Here are our 4Eats:

Dukem:

Located in the heart of jazzy and eclectic U Street and consistently ranked one of DC’s top Ethiopian Restaurants, it’s no wonder why Dukem made our Fall Dining List. Dukem is definitely a fun, interactive experience for all you foodies out there, and we highly recommend going as a group. Combination platters featuring spongy Injera bread, Lamb Wot, Beef Tibs, and savory Kitfu with cottage cheese will leave your mouth watering for weeks!

Toki Underground:

We didn’t think it could happen, but H Street just got more hipster and happenin’ with Toki Underground. $10 Ramen. $5 Dumplings. Infinite happiness. We’re telling you, these dishes are going to blow your mind. There was so much umami going on in our mouths, we could have had a party like this. Not to mention the salt-cured pork belly had us screaming in pleasure. Don’t take our word for it? Fine. But maybe you’ll believe DC’s hottest veteran chef, José Andrés. Yeah, that’s what we thought. If you don’t eat at this place, we’ll go again for you.

Lia’s:

Nothing makes our hearts warm up like the crisp autumn air and a Chef Geoff’s restaurant like Lia’s. Take the Red Line up to Friendship Heights for some hearty Italian that will leave you with the happiest food coma of your life. Lia’s Happy Hour Menu is the by far the best deal in town, and their Crispy Risotto Balls are probably the best thing in the world. Oh, and if you still have room for dessert, try the Nutella Chocolate Tart with roasted white chocolate-banana ice cream. Yes, David After Dentist, this is real life.

Amsterdam Falafelshop:

Nothing quite says Fall like Amsterdam Falafelshop. No, it doesn’t have anything to do with Fall, or even Amsterdam. But yes, it does have everything to do with heaven in your mouth. This Adams Morgan eatery is what we like to call a “falafel buffet,” an eden of sorts where you can dress your falafel up or down however you please. Our tips: wear pants two sizes too big, have the baba ganoush, and please, for the love of God, try the garlic sauce.

Photo Credit: DC Eater