Farewell Fourth Edition Seniors!

Banner - Bye Seniors

Co-authored by Mike Radice and Meg Lizza 

This year, 4E lost nine fantastic seniors to a terrible phenomenon called “graduation“. We are very sorry to see them go, but will forever remember them for their contributions to the 4E family. Check out their stories and some of our favorite articles of theirs:

Courtney Klein (AKA Coco): The original Blog Queen, Courtney was the 4E Senior Editor from Spring 2015 through Fall 2015, and later served as a Contributing Editor. Our resident internet-breaker, Courtney first broke the internet with her awesome Georgetown pickup lines, and later rejection lines, and just when you thought it was over, breakup lines. When she isn’t perfecting her Instagrams of DC, she’s probably doing what really matters: rating DC’s Bagels or predicting what Burnett’s flavor represents you.

Under Courtney’s reign, 4E greatly expanded its visibility. She helped spread truly #breaking news, like snapchat updates and national guacamole day. Courtney will forever be our Dear Leader, and we will miss her devotions to guacamole and The Swug Life.

Karl “KP” Pielmeier (Our Founding Father): KP served as our Senior Editor from Fall 2013 through Spring 2014, and later as a Contributing Editor. Imparting his wisdom on everything from Burnett’s to the crazed pumpkin spice phenomenon, KP and his expert knowledge on all things gastronomic will surely be missed. When he wasn’t crafting the perfect salad at Hilltoss or honoring some of our best staffers at The Hoya with his Staffer of the Week posts, KP was probably reigniting the infamous 4E GroupMe (you wish you could be a part of it).

Under his reign, 4E took on a more generally light-hearted tone, but that didn’t deter KP from writing about serious and important issues that can happen at Georgetown. We will undoubtedly miss his devotion to all things RumChata and his highly anticipated drinking games.

Emily Min (Campus News Expert): Emily was 4E’s Senior Editor from Fall 2014 through Spring 2015. Out and about, Emily always had the inside scoop on big things happening at Georgetown. She broke the important news about the JesRes renovation and the missing clock hands. The first to tell us about the spring concert guest and bubble tea at Georgetown, Emily played an important role in keeping us on top of the Georgetown trends.

Her wisdom expanded beyond 4E, and she helped our readers prepare for important life traditions, like trick-or-treating on Embassy Row. We never want to see her go, but its time to #breakup.

Max Wheeler (Blogger by day, DJ by night): Max thrived as the Blog’s resident ‘Manly Monday’ expert, providing Hoyas with a fresh male take on all things deemed ‘basic’ and ‘womanly.’ It was Max who broke the news to Georgetowners everywhere that listening to Justin Bieber’s most recent album ‘Purpose‘ would, in fact, be a good use of time.  When he wasn’t perusing the iTunes Top 100 Albums chart, Max spent his time hosting his own successful radio show, and entertaining listeners everywhere with a live Snapchat stream of the underpinnings of the show, including, but not limited to, countless videos of him lip-syncing Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing” into the radio mic.

At 4E, Max was known as the Music Man, as he reviewed, revered, and even wrote music of his own. Do you need a playlist to snuggle to? How about some inspirational tracks to get you through finals season? Max had you covered, and we at 4E will miss him and his jazzy demeanor immensely.

Matt Sullivan (Social Media King, #Slay): The man, the myth, the blog legend. Matt had the incredible ability to write about anything and everything, and irrespective of what he produced, his articles would go viral. He kept us informed on what goes on in Lau and had visions of true artistry on our campus. Matt also provided 4E readers with awesome advice, like how to find love at Georgetown and what’s appropriate to wear at FoxFields.

With Matt’s contributions, 4E was able to drastically increase its social media presence, making us the most widely read online publication at Georgetown. Lastly, Matt could make the seemingly impossible look easy, like he did in his article about O’Donovan’s 2.0.

Sydney Bolling (Our Very Own ‘Jane Hoya’): Probably cheering on her Hoyas at the Verizon Center, Sydney helped us get through this stunning 2016 election cycle. At 4E, she wrote a great variety of posts: from the uplifting articles that helped us determine which Good Stuff concoction we are, to the relatable articles about internship fails and preregistration fails.

Sydney gives some of the best advice, too. Whether its about what you should and should not do in the GAAP group, or even what DC Happy Hours have to offer, we always trusted her judgment. We hope to cross paths again with her, but we know that October 3rd is probably not the best day to do that.

Keaton O’Neil (Quiz Queen): When Keaton wasn’t crafting your coffee at Saxby’s, she was probably pondering what would become some of 4E’s most popular quizzes, like one that would help you determine how romantic you are and another that tested your knowledge of Georgetown’s course offerings. She even made one of the most difficult quizzes to ever come off the 4E presses: Would You Rather?: Georgetown Edition. In fact, Keaton’s quizzes were so popular, they even made unannounced guest appearances on some other Georgetown publication’s website (smh)!

Keaton truly mastered the art of the quiz and helped make 4E a more fun and exciting publication. We will miss her eye for the future and know that she will seize all of the world’s many opportunities (especially those at Trader Joe’s).

Lindsay Lee (GroupMe Creator and Blog OG): Lindsay was 4E’s Senior Editor from Spring 2013 through Fall 2014. Even though Lindsay Lee left us for bigger and better things, we can never forget our original 4E ‘First Lady’. Publishing a hundred articles, it’s almost too hard to pick her best posts. A true blog bae and Georgetown Hoya, Lindsay anticipated Georgetown Day in proper fashion with her “Twas the Night Before Georgetown Day”, an article that never goes out of 4E style. She also hyped up the annual Mr. Georgetown competition in 2013 with her “Meet the Contestants” article (it literally broke all 4E records for most views).

Lindsay wrote about what really matters to our fellow Hoyas, like her helpful guides on alternatives to Tuscany (RIP) and reusing your empty kegs. Our 4E OG put a lot of work into this beloved publication and we will always be forever thankful for that!

Alexis Oni-Eseleh (Beyoncé Extraordinaire): Joining 4E as a sophomore, Alexis got right down to the issues with her blog posts. From her “Open Letter to GUSA Campaigns” to her “GUSA Video Takeover”, Alexis helped 4E capture the latest on school happenings.

While reporting on the #important stuff, Alexis also just had to include posts about Queen Bey, like her “Six Degrees of Beyoncé: Dip Ball Edition” and her “Flawless? Your Saturday Morning Story” articles. Thank you for reminding us that “I woke up like this” applies to all of us!

Last but not least, we will miss their debauchery.

You will always have a place in our hearts and in the GroupMe.

Brb #crying

Photos: ccc.edu, giphy.com