4E News Recap

4E News RecapMissed what was happening on the Hilltop this week? 4E has got you covered with some of The Hoya’s most recent headlines:

Council Rules Greco Legitimate Speaker – After Georgetown University Student Association Election Commissioner Ethan Chess (COL ’14) filed a petition requesting the nullification of a recent GUSA speaker confirmation vote, the GUSA Constitutional Council ruled that the vote was invalid and that Sam Greco (SFS ’15) is the legitimate GUSA senate speaker.

Mid-Year Changes on M Street –  It is a transition time for the popular Georgetown street as Mexican food franchise Qdoba closes its doors and Irish pub Rí Rá opens for business.

Poll Finds Gray Ahead With Room, Time to Fall – According to a Washington Post poll, incumbent D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray holds a double-digit lead against his competitors for the April 1 Democratic mayoral primary… but will the lead last?

Speech Forum Promises Clarity – This week GUSA and university administration held a campus-wide free speech forum which provided lively conversation and debate about Georgetown’s free speech policy and practice.

DeGioia Attends Summit – On Thursday, University President John J. DeGioia attended a White House event where over 100 college presidents and non-profit and business leaders gathered to discuss and work toward expanding college opportunities for low-income students.

Scheuer’s Right to Be Radical – The Hoya’s Editorial Board argues that in wake of adjunct professor Michael Scheuer’s suggested assassination of President Obama, the University must remember that academic freedom and heated debate must triumph over ideological conformity.

Neumann Drafted Fourth Overall by Revolution – Men’s soccer captain and senior forward Steve Neumann was drafted fourth overall by the New England Revolution during Thursday’s MLS SuperDraft.

GU Drops Second Straight – The Hoyas lost back-to-back games for the first time this season after their 57-67 defeat against Seton Hall.

Hitting the Right Notes – This week’s special music issue of the guide features the songs, stylings and backstories of several Georgetown artists, including Mellen, Old Moonlight and Tate Tucker.