A Summer in the District

summerdc

I have only been in D.C. for the summer for less than a week. Practically no time at all. Less than a week, and I have already encountered a ton of changes in Georgetown during the semester and Georgetown during the summer months. How does one place change so drastically in so little time?!

My Observations:

1. Campus is not the center of everything. This is the first time living off-campus during my time at Georgetown, so campus has obviously played a big part in my day-to-day routine. Now I’m living on Prospect St. and I haven’t even stepped within a block radius of campus!

2. D.C. is hot as hell. Oh hawt damn, D.C. is ridiculously warm. I have heard a ton of rumors of this heat, but experiencing it is a whole other thing. I have never craved iced coffee or froyo more in my life.

giphy

3.  Living in a townhouse is the best type of living. Okay, Georgetown’s dorms are okay, but they are nothing compared to the townhouses in the neighborhood. Sure I am paying a hella lot of money per month, but it is so worth it. I actually feel like a real person, wut?

4. People in the District are beyond fit. Or at least they are really good at pretending to be fit. Everyone walks around with a yoga mat (not judging) and the people at Washington Sports Club seem so into it. Perhaps this will inspire me? (Note: Perhaps does not promise anything.)

rebel-wilson-workout

5. I love this place even more than I thought I did. With school being non-existent I have had more time to enjoy this place we Hoyas call home. Georgetown has so much to offer and I cannot wait to explore it all. Ugh, I love this place.

tumblr_inline_nk50k9lBpg1roz536

For those of you not here right now, be sure to check 4E for more Georgetown updates and summer adventures!

Photos/Gifs: giphy.com; perezhilton.com; tumblr.com; huddy.com