A Very Hoya Thanksgiving

ThanksgivingHappy (early) Thanksgiving, Hoyas! Besides all of the travel plans, cheer, relatives and turkey, there is another reason for this much-needed break: giving thanks! On the Hilltop, we have many things to be thankful for. Here is 4E’s list of what we’d like to give thanks for at Georgetown:

1. Short lines at Corp locations – Hoyas need their caffeine to live. A short line at MUG can and will translate into an uncannily happy Hoya.

2. Empty machines at Yates – We all know the importance of working on that fitness. When Hoyas see an open elliptical those endorphins go crazy.

3. The Omelet Lady at Leo’s – “Get ya omelets!” Leo’s brunch would not be the same without that special bell. And if they get the order completely right? All the better.

4. Open tables on Lau 2 – Near an outlet, with chairs … oh, the joys. Staking out Lau territory is serious business.

5. Holiday drinks – Pumpkin spice lattes for days. There is not a girl on this campus who doesn’t explode with happiness when these drinks come out for the season.

6. Georgetown merchandise – You don’t own a Georgetown shirt? Do you even go here?

7. Chicken Finger Thursday – Best day of the week, no questions asked.

8. Wisey’s cookies – Any day is better when an chocolate chip Oreo cookie is involved. Actually, any day is better when Wisey’s in general is involved. Burger Madness anyone?

9. M Street shopping – You know what I’m saying. Who doesn’t like walking downtown and engaging in some retail therapy? Admit it: You’re going to use Christmas shopping as an excuse to go to M Street a little more often, aren’t you?

10. Half-priced Qdoba Tuesdays – Guacamole. Avocados. Amazingness. Could it get any better?

11. SafeRides – This is a Hilltop, and we should not be expected to climb it. Thanks for always saving our aching legs, SafeRides.

12. John B. Carroll, J.J., Jack – WE LOVE BULLDOGS!

13. The magical place we call the Hilltop – HOYA SAXA! And, of course, basketball … always basketball.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, HOYAS!

Photos: College Prowler, Turtle Techie