Best Bets: Keep your feet moving

Only one full week of classes left, so make the most of your weekend! Great news—you can spend this weekend having a fun while helping out some important causes. 4E has the info on some great Georgetown sponsored events happening this weekend:

FRIDAY: Participate in Relay For Life! Join one of the many teams, and head out to MSF at 7 PM. The event lasts until 7 AM, so throughout the night teammates will continue to walk laps around the field. Highlights include a Survivors Lap, tie-dying tee shirts, and a capellla performances! All the proceeds go towards fighting cancer, so get all of your friends to join, and spend a sleepless night with all of your fellow Hoyas.

SATURDAY: Run, job or walk in the Run for Rigby at 2 PM starting in Red Square. It’s a quick course, and all the proceeds go towards raising fire safety awareness in honor of past Georgetown student Daniel Rigby’s passing in 2004. After getting your exercise in for the day, get dressed up, and attend Rigby Ball from 9 PM-12 at the National Press Club Ballroom. It will be an open bar and dancing, so hurry and buy a ticket for both events—last year it sold out!

SUNDAY: Sign up for the Jog for Jill! Head to Red Square where registration is at 10 AM, and the gun will sound to start the race at 11 AM. Jill’s Legacy and the Georgetown Crew Team are hosting the race. All proceeds go towards beating lung cancer, so grab your sneakers and come complete this 5K run/walk for a great cause!