Best Bets: Spring Has Sprung

Spring seems to be in full swing here in D.C., so sitting through classes is even tougher than usual these days. Thankfully, the weekend is here, so 4E has some suggestions to make the best of your days off.

Friday:

Go see The Hunger Games! The highly anticipated movie opened at midnight, so buy tickets before the shows sell out. Theaters all over D.C. will be playing it, the most convenient theater for us is the AMC Loew’s Georgetown, which even features IMAX screenings. We’re as excited for this year’s most anticipated movie as everyone else is.

Saturday:

We know no one was ready to stop celebrating St. Patty’s Day last weekend, so lucky for you, this Saturday is SHAMROCK FEST at RFK Stadium. This festival includes 50 bands and DJs, 10 stages, food, party areas, and lots of beer! This year’s performances feature Gavin DeGraw and the Dropkick Murphys. Make sure not to miss one of the best Irish celebrations of the year.

Sunday:

While the Cherry Blossoms are already in bloom, the National Cherry Blossom Festival Opening Ceremony is this Sunday from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Headlining this event is Sara Bareilles, but other performers include MISIA, Hideki Togi, and the Children’s Chorus of Washington. Also at this ceremony, you can hear the story of how the Cherry Blossom has gained its big reputation here in D.C. The event will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Doors open at 3:30 p.m., and admission is free! What better way can you welcome springtime to D.C.?

Photo courtesy: sushicam.com