Campus Sartorialist: March 2013

As the warm weather begins rolling in, it is sometimes difficult to make the adjustment from the freezing ice to the blossoming new season. This climate change sparks the question “what’s a Georgetown fashionista to wear?”

This month’s Sartorialist features numerous trendy GU students wearing some of the most current colors and styles. They seem to be transitioning into Springtime quite effortlessly. Take a look for yourself:

Ainhoa Hardy (COL ’16) loves heading into Spring with things she feels comfortable in. “I love things colors and patterns and things that are flowy” like her Forever 21 boyfriend chinos. She describes her Spring style as “effortless, comfortable, and cool.”

Ainhoa Hardy

We especially were digging Ainhoa’s Mango scarf. Prints are huge for Spring/Summer 2013, and they’ll only be getting bigger as the year continues. Check out her trendy scarf print:

Ainhoa Scarf Pattern

We also couldn’t help falling in love with Liana Mehring’s (SFS ’13) geometric-patterned H&M dress. Liana enjoys dressing in pieces that are “cultural and different with bold patterns” and we think she should keep it up, especially because orange is going to be HUGE as 2013 goes on!

Liana Mehring

Speaking of orange, we adored Kirsty Sievwright’s (NHS ’13) Kate Spade ostrich leather flats…

DSC_0849 copy

…but we were driven absolutely wild (in a good way, of course) by her Alexander McQueen bag. “The purse is really fashionable and really functional,” said Kirsty. “I use it for everything, even going out.”

Alexander McQueen Bag

Speaking of bags, we were also swooning over Kylie Loeffler’s (COL ’15) leather All Saints Bag. “It’s bold, black and brilliant,” quipped Kylie. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.

Kylie Loeffler Bag

Just look at those sequins and that texture!

Bag

Speaking of texture, we thought Alex Jung (SFS ’13) spiced things up with her edgy spring look. “My big thing is leather jackets,” she remarked. “I like to dress cute with a modern grunge.” We think her Forever 21 denim top works perfectly with her Zara jacket, scarf, leggings and Target patent leather boots.

Alex Jung

But nothing said Spring quite like her beautiful, floral lace Urban Outfitters dress. Take a closer look!

DSC_0847 copy

Alex wasn’t the only one who could pull off boots in Springtime, though.

Ellis Reilly

Ellis Reilly’s (COL ’14) rugged look was the perfect transition from Winter to Spring. “I try to keep things simple… slim, warm and casual,” said Ellis, as he rocked Scotch & Soda jeans, a J. Crew sweater and bag and, of course, his Filson boots. Just take a closer look at those bad boys. Bam.

Ellis Reilly Shoes

In addition to Ellis’ fantastic footwear, we were totally blown away by Libby Carter’s spring look. Mixing and matching a textured polka-dotted sweater (ala Marc Jacobs 2011) with a simple J. Crew Oxford, Ann Taylor pants and Repetto Mary-Janes, Libby was dressing to impress. She also nailed it with her Madewell shoulder bag and Ray-Ban aviators.

DSC_0827 copy

But Spring is also about the little things! We were blown away by Libby’s accessories: a shimmering blue Hermes bangle and a classic Raymond Weil watch. 

Watch and Bangle Close Up

Happy Springtime, Hoyas! No matter what your style is, “spring” into the new season of trends and designs. The fashion world awaits…