GAAP Time Travel

GAAPgroup

In honor of yet another GAAP weekend this weekend, I would like to take you on a journey. This is the journey of a young accepted student, eagerly awaiting her arrival at Georgetown, who couldn’t resist the burning urge to post things in her GAAP group. Yes, this is the story of my life as an admitted student…

Flashback to 2012, upon being admitted in December, naturally the first thing I do is desperately try to make new friends.

gap1
Typical pre-frosh move, but it could be worse

The next person to post writes about wanting to do crew. Since I rowed in high school I naturally respond to his post. I proceeded to comment 9 times in this conversation thread. I felt it was neccesary…

gap9
Look and me I’m cute and small

So I’m probably not leaving the best impression, but I doubt anyone reads these posts anyway…

Unfortunately that was not my only comment that conveyed far to much information. Another girl posed this question to the group “What’s your favorite food”. Clearly I needed to respond:

gap10

But clearly they needed more specific information than that.

gap11

Well at least these were just comments on other peoples’ posts. That makes it better. Right?

Fast forward one month. I find out, much to my dismay that I cannot go to the early action GAAP weekend. Naturally I share my distress:

gap2

But I still wanted everyone to have fun…

gap4

Don’t worry! I did attend a later GAAP weekend, and of course I posted about that too:

gap3

Ok so these posts are getting slightly excessive I know. But can you blame me? I clearly have important things to share, and lots of thoughts on my mind!

gap5
Because that’s going to make people think I’m unspoiled and down to earth
gap6
Pretty sure they saw this and didn’t let me in
gap7
I already hated pre-registration
gap8
And was disillusioned by the Hoyas, if only I could have foreseen FGCU

I also had a lot of pressing questions for upperclassmen:

gap12

gap13

gap14
Clearly I was very considered about my academics. Where did all that effort go!

While these are a select few of my posts in the Georgetown 2016 GAAP Group, they are far from all of them. While I am slightly ashamed by the fervor with which I posted before coming to Georgetown, I have #noregrets.

In honor of GAAP weekend I challenge you to backstalk yourself in your own GAAP group. (Or better yet, do it to your friends) You’ll uncover the awkwardness you thought you’d blocked out and relive what it was like before coming to campus.

Photos: Facebook.com; blogspot.com