Galentine’s Day: Your New Favorite Holiday

gal

Well, Hoyas, Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. For some, this means a lovely evening with a significant other, but for others, it means dwelling on the fact that they will be alone this Feb. 14. The bad news is that reading this will probably not help you fall in love by Friday. The good news is that NBC’s hit series “Parks and Recreation” has coined an exciting new holiday to celebrate something everyone has: friends!

Galentine’s Day is Feb. 13 and serves as a chance for women to celebrate all the other fabulous women in their lives. If you’re a guy, don’t stop reading! I suggest you spend the day before Valentine’s Day with all the friends you appreciate, too.

Galentine’s Day is basically an opportunity to kick back with friends before all the pressures of dating or the unpleasant loneliness set in. Try catching a movie, eating out, ordering some takeout or maybe watching the Olympics. Do whatever it is that helps you relax and appreciate the people you are most comfortable with. Just try not to go too hard.

zooey

Also, don’t forget to check out the Georgetown University Women’s Center Galentine’s Day event on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in Leavey 327 to really get in the spirit for this important holiday!

nathol1

nathol2

nathol3

nathol4

We agree, Leslie. We think Galentine’s Day is great.

Photo: NBC; gifs: tumblr.com