Georgetown Saturday: How to Survive

Day After Georgetown Day

‘Twas the day after Georgetown Day, and all through the campus, the students were moaning and crying, “Oh man.”

We sang, we danced and we had a really really really good time.

Georgetown Day is one of the best days of the year but one of the hardest days to recover from.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5302-1389473704-7

Whether you were bumming it in class or passing out on the front lawn on Georgetown Day, Georgetown Saturday is something no Hoya can avoid.

4E understands your pain and has made it our job to help you through the Saturday morning slump.

Your morning probably went a little like this:

8:00 a.m. You get up dying of thirst.

8:05 a.m. You go back to bed.

10:00 a.m. You get up for real.

Do not make any sudden movements. The day after Georgetown Day is always a surprise. You never know what you are going to get. Sometimes the worst thing you can do is move. So take it slow, stay still and contemplate something that does not involve yesterday. Also, do not look at your phone. Your eyes are not ready for the documentation.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28636-1367619458-25

Food: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Call Wisey’s and order a sandwich before 11 a.m. Their food is like magic. Make sure you drink a lot of water and, if you can, down some coffee STAT. You can go to Leo’s, but honestly there is nothing there that will make up for the amazingly greasy food you had the day before.

original

Netflix: This is the perfect day to lay in bed and watch a bunch of Netflix. Curl up with your laptop and get ready for that marathon. It’s like Marathon Monday … but better (as in, no movement).

Georgetown University Jazz Fest: Head out to Copley Lawn and let the super chill music wash your troubles away.

Last but not least, read and enjoy the 4E as much as you like. You deserve it, and we are pretty awesome.

Hopefully you are not dead while reading this post. If you are, good luck. Remember, Georgetown Day is only once a year, so you can totally go hard and not worry.

Georgetown Day forever, Hoyas.

Gifs: elitedaily.com, tumblr.com