Haters Gonna Hate: 4E’s Guide to Court Storming

hoyas2-1

If you were at the Villanova game this Monday, and even if you weren’t, you know that it was an incredible game. However, there has been a lot of recent debate about the appropriateness of the court storming that occurred after our 20-point win.

There are plenty of reasons why we shouldn’t have rushed madly onto the court: it was a regular season game, not a crucial or championship win,  and I am not even going to mention how dangerous it is.

But that didn’t stop us from doing it.

I jumped over two barriers and got yelled at by numerous adults, but I will not regret my decision to storm, made in a moment of excitement. So here are a few guidelines from the 4E on moments when you should definitely court storm. (All of which apply to Nova.)

1. When you’re looking to achieve your 30 seconds of infamy.

They may be talking about our lack of discipline, but hey, we’re on the news!!

me
Aren’t you proud, Mom?

2. When you want to remind adults that they wish they were you

You know it looks fun. Ah to be young.

3. When it’s almost midnight and you’re delirious and sleep deprived. Let’s get weird!

4. When you haven’t been this excited in a long time. Yes, Georgetown has a great athletics program and an illustrious history, but you forget that for 1/4th of our students this is their first big home game win. Let the freshmen have their fun!

5. When your friends are on the opposite side of the court and you just want to give them a hug. Let love in, folks.

So while the haters gonna hate and make fun of our court storming last night, just remember that we only have four years here, and if you want to run like a wild person onto the court, then you go! Explain your sprained ankle to your parents later.

Photos: Sydney Bolling/The Hoya, nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com