Instagram Another Flawless Pic, Please

iStock_000022433199Large

Are you having the best summer ever? Do you want to be able to have bragging rights for the rest of the year? Are you trying to make someone jealous?

Well, everyone knows that the best way to make people jealous is to take amazing photos (especially the Instas). There is something about putting something into a photograph that makes it even better and makes everyone else feel inadequate.

As you might know, it is July. The weather is hot, and the Instas are even hotter. What you might not know is that The Hoya is giving you the opportunity you need to brag all summer long.

“Share Your Summer” is our summer photography contest that runs from July 1 to Sept. 2. Students are allowed to submit 2 photos a week to [email protected]. Each week, The Hoya compiles all submissions into a photo album and, from those, the best photo is placed on our Instagram account.

At a loss for ideas? Here are some 4E suggestions:

1. Send in a picture of a random person off the street. The people will be all, “OMG, who is that, what is going on?” Best way to get people talking. Plus, who cares about scenery when you have some rando person to admire.

2. Send in a picture of you on your couch. Let’s be honest, many of us are spending ungodly amount of times lounging this summer. Why not share your beautiful view of your TV and snacks with the world?

tumblr_mejnl0uTaQ1qj13p7o1_500

3. Send in the same photo over and over again. Hey, after a while we are bound to choose it, right? Maybe after the 10th Capitol Building photo we will finally see your photo’s incredible beauty.

4. Send in a photo of your lunch. What premade meal are we eating at our desks today? Or, maybe you are making bank and go out for food. Nonetheless, we wanna see your #food instas more than a pretty European skyline.

Feat. Office cafeteria
Hashtag: office cafeteria

5. Send in a selfie. Extra points if you are complaining about the heat, the Metro or boredom. Double extra points if it is a Snapchat.

Think you have better photos? Think you are worthy of the fame? Send your photos to [email protected] as .jpegs with your name, school and year, title, caption and Instagram handle.

Photos/Gifs: scontent.cdninstagram.com/; storyhousepro.com; whatdoyoudodear.com