O’Donovan’s 2.0: A Guide to the New and Noteworthy at Leo’s

What's New At Leo's

Over the past few weeks, you returning Hoyas may have noticed some changes to Leo’s. For the rest of you sneaky Grab-and-Goers or meal-planless bourgeoisie that haven’t been to Leo’s yet, you’re missing out! After all, nothing says “Welcome back to the Hilltop!” like some cool ambiance tweaks to your favorite food establishment. Let me walk you through the brand-spanking new toys Leo’s has to offer:

The projector/screen combo Oh yeah, that’s right: TV IN LEO’S! This fall, Leo’s will be broadcasting football on the huge white screen in the upstairs area. If you’re into that, great! Enjoy an endless buffet of food while you watch the game with your friends. If you’re not really a fan of football, the TV can still be a good source of entertainment for you! For example, just last Monday I watched a full episode of Divorce Court before they switched channels to the game. Football, Divorce Court – they’re really similar if you think about it. Regardless, this is one of my favorite changes and I hope you enjoy it, too!

Those spiffy new dessert stands Whether or not these shiny silver dessert stands are a good change is still a difficult question to answer. On the one hand, these cool silver circle shelves make Leo’s look sleeker. On the other hand, these decorative displays are like beacons of evil calling out to you to eat that artisan cupcake. Or another cannoli. Or five. In times of the past, the only reason you didn’t break your diet for these amazing treats is because you forgot they were there. Now, standing at eye-level in their glistening glory, you have no reason to say no to those chocolate-chip brownies! Stay strong, dieters. Stay strong.

The music There’s no better way to kick off a Leo’s dinner than a dance break to “Wobble.” If I had to choose favorites with these new changes to Leo’s, I’d definitely pick this. Playing at a volume just high enough that you can enjoy the music, but low enough that you can coherently talk about how much you love that “Walk It Out” just came on, this Leo’s music can appeal to everyone. From Top 40 Hits, to N*SYNC and Britney Spears throwbacks, to smooth R&B like Alicia Keys and Aaliyah, Leo’s is definitely setting the mood for many memorable dinners to come.

Hoya Cocina Remember all the anger you had towards the crazy long upstairs pasta line last year? Good news: it’s been thrown into the depths of downstairs Leo’s where it belongs. In it’s place, this beautiful Chipotle-esque creation that debuted at the end of last semester! With a much shorter line than pasta, there’s no reason to not give it a try. At this Mexican-style section, you can make tasty burritos or a nice salad bowl and get ¡creativo! Add some beans! Some chicken! And don’t you dare leave without some guac because I know you love that guac!

I hope you are all as psyched for these new additions to our favorite dining hall as I am. Make sure you check them out before everything gets moved around again!

Photo: Karl Pielmeier/The Hoya