The Many Faces of John Kerry

The Many Faces of John KerryHere at The Fourth Edition, we love to take the time to appreciate the many speakers who grace us with their presence on the Hilltop. We’re fortunate enough to have many big names in government, business and culture share their knowledge with us. Nov. 15 will be no different, as three political all-stars – John Kerry, Hillary Clinton and Laura Bush – take to Gaston Hall to discuss the future of Afghan women. To prepare for this event, we at 4E have decided to give you a rundown on the many faces of Secretary of State John Kerry. Take a peek for yourself:

This is John Kerry.

John_Kerry_official_Secretary_of_State_portrait

He’s a pretty cool guy.

John_F._Kerry

He’s also very intelligent: He has received degrees from both Yale University and Boston College Law School.Kerry_graduation

From 1968-1969, he served a four-month tour of duty in South Vietnam, and for his service, he was awarded numerous medals, including a Bronze Star, a Silver Star and three Purple Hearts. Later, Kerry became an outspoken member of Vietnam Veterans Against the War Group, testifying numerous times in front of the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs.

Kerry

For many years, Kerry served as a United States Senator representing Massachusetts.

JohnKerry

He even made a presidential bid in 2004 with running-mate John Edwards …awkward

… which, unfortunately for them, ended in a loss to incumbent President George W. Bush.

Kerry-sad-face-AFP

Things have since gotten better for Kerry. He now serves as the 68th United States Secretary of State …

0130-intl-Kerry-confirmed-secretary-State_full_600

… though some believe that he is secretly an Oompa Loompa.kerry-oompa-loompa

Regardless, he’ll be speaking tomorrow at Georgetown on the future of Afghan women. We can’t wait to hear you speak, Secretary Kerry!

460x

Photos: Wikipedia, Forbes, MSNBC, Vice Presidents, Breitbart, CS Monitor, Free Republic, Bigstory AP, CNN