The Profile Picture Progression of a Georgetown Student

UntitledLook back to your senior year in high school: a prospective student incessantly waiting for your Georgetown acceptance and, in the meantime, stalking all things Georgetown to try and get the best feel possible for the next four years of your life. You’re probably looking at the blog (HAY), the Instagram, your older brother’s friend’s cousin that attends Georgetown’s Facebook…

giphy-1

Ah, Facebook, from this random stranger’s profile you find others, you creep and you stalk and you notice a pattern. There is something Georgetown going on here.

The Profile Picture Progression of a Georgetown Student:

While you may still be an underclassman in high school, you know Georgetown is where you want to end up. You visited with your uncle that one time and got the idealistic proud (and maybe a little later regrettably awkward photo) in front of Healy and you’re showing it off.

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 1.45.46 PM

You’ve been accepted and you make your way down to campus for GAAP weekend. Here is the opportune time to get that picture with Jack the Bulldog. You pet the dog and you’re officially part of the family.
Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 1.43.56 PM

It’s a few weeks into your freshman year and you’ve finally conquered John Carroll’s lap and documented it. You’re a Hoya with Hoya insider knowledge.
Screen Shot 2015-11-08 at 4.36.30 PM

It’s now nearing the end of the semester. The holiday spirit is bustling through M Street and you step into Healey Circle on your way to Lau and see it lit with the Holiday Spirit. You, of course, get a picture with the “Hoyas” lights near the front gate.

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 1.54.55 PM

Almost the end of March, you know you made it through winter because the Cherry Blossoms are out to greet you! You waste no time and run to the Tidal Basin to get a casual (planned) candid amidst the flowers.

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 1.56.45 PM

Flash forward a couple years and the big day has finally arrived! No, not yet graduation, but your Tombs night. You’ve only been counting down since the first day of Junior Year to update your profile picture to a drunk one of you with a stamp on your forehead. Congrats, you’ve made it. This is the ultimate destination of the Georgetown student’s profile picture progression.
Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 1.51.39 PM

And then there is the graduation photos, you are finally a real person! Maybe you will throw it back to that first picture in front of Healy just to #tbt. You’ll always be a Hoya.

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 1.52.45 PM

P.S. Don’t forget the Georgetown cover photo that appears sporadically throughout the four years, swapped out with friend candids, but forever returning.

Photos: 4E Facebooks, random boy on google, giphy.com, downtoday.co.uk