Casual Thursday: The Buddy System

So it’s Thursday, the unofficial beginning of the weekend, a time to relax and celebrate surviving another week. Thirsty Thursday is a mainstay during the school year, but most jobs won’t guarantee you every Friday off (I’m looking at you, MSB). And it’s probably best to not end your first week or two of work with a bad hangover – desks are harder to nap under than you think.

But we’re here for you no matter what you choose to do with your Thursday night. This is the first edition of Casual Thursday, where we welcome any and all definitions of casual. Every week, we’ll offer up a delicious drink recipe as well as something more subdued.

Feel free to make a drinking game of the latter with the former.

This Raspberry Beer Cocktail from the Kitchn sounds like the perfect summer drink. Bonus points for no measuring and  no need to buy strange and/or expensive ingredients. Though a small step up from Natty might be nice – perhaps Corona? Or let’s be real, a Bud Light Lime. It could easily serve a big group, great for summer barbecues.

3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries

3.5 bottles chilled beer

1 12 oz. container frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate, thawed

1/2 cup vodka

Stir everything together and serve over ice. Garnish with lemon and lime slices if you’re feeling fancy.

And what would a summer be without camp? Unwind from work with a classic camp story, Heavyweights.

There are also plenty of Heavyweights drinking games to be found if you’re so inclined.

Stay casual, Hoyas.

Photos: thekitchn.com, Walt Disney Pictures