Halloween Costumes, Hoya Style

When it comes to us Hoyas, it’s pretty safe to say there’s nothing we love more than Halloween! (Other than Georgetown Day, visits from the Secretary of State, and the Chicken Madness from Wisey’s.) Thus, selecting costumes—yes, costumes, PLURAL!—to celebrate our favorite holiday requires some real effort and preparation. Now, before you get more flustered than Jim Lehrer during the presidential debates, take a second to relax. We at The Fourth Edition have got you covered. Here are our top costume picks that’ll be sure to make your Hoya Halloween unforgettable:

Group Ideas Everybody loves a well-planned group. Just look at the Spice Girls, the Backstreet Boys, and N*Sync. Try some of these group costume ideas:

The Avengers- Iron Man. Captain America. Hulk. Thor. Winning. This movie was the third highest grossing of all time, and this costume theme will make you and your friends the most loved of all time.

Mario Party- What’s a better way to dress for Halloween than as our favorite Nintendo friends? If your group’s costume is Mario Party, you’re going to be the life of the party.

One Direction- This costume is that “One Thing.” It’s “What Makes You Beautiful.”

The Internet- Let out your inner tech nerd and go to town. Dress up as Facebook, Twitter, Firefox, or Google Chrome. Your Internet theme might not take up megabytes, but it’s going to be a “mega-hit.”

The Election Get in the spirit of the season by dressing up as Barack, Michelle, Mittens, Ann, and the whole gang. Want to really spice things up? Throw Martha Raddatz or Candy Crowley into the mix… Game changer.

Keeping Up With The Times Nothing says Halloween like a good dose of pop culture costumes. Here are some famous (and infamous) figures who you definitely should dress as:

Carly Rae Jepson- Make me your costume, maybe?

Big Bird- He might be on the chopping block with Mitt, but he’s still topping our list.

Stephen R. Brown- Show up as Stephen R. Brown to your next party, and who knows, maybe he’ll even make a weird video of it…

Lady Gaga- This is possibly the easiest Halloween costume in existence. You really can do anything with this one: don’t wear pants, do wear meat, go blonde, go brunette, go anything really… except normal.

Ryan Lochte- Dig out your Speedo, pop in some grills, and look beautiful.

Bringin’ it Back Oh, nostalgia. We love you so much. Here are some costume ideas that’ll take you back to the good ol’ days:

The Cast of Friends- Everybody’s favorite 90’s television show, and everybody’s favorite costume. (We also highly encourage Seinfeld and the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.)

Disney Characters- Oh yeah. We see you rocking that Little Mermaid costume.

The Clintons- It’s not a Hoya Halloween until someone’s dressed like our favorite alum Slick Willy and the gang. Believe us, this costume will take you back to the days of budget surpluses…

Childhood Toys- Remember Furby? Trolls dolls? Cabbage Patch Kids? Chia Pets? Mmhm… We do too.

Regardless of what you choose for a costume, remember to go all out and rock your look. Halloween only comes once a year, so make sure to go big, go skanky, or go home. Happy Halloween, Hoyas!

Photo Credits: John HartEstate, Heave Media, Stapleton Exchange