Voy a Quito

watchcourtneyHola Georgetown friends! I hope you all are having an amazing time raging, sleeping and possibly working? (I am so sorry)

I am a huge proponent of adventurous summers — I tried sitting around and working last year and almost lost my mind.

As you all should know, I am going abroad to Turkey in the fall. So, naturally, I had to make my summer the epic pregame to my legendary Fall semester.

Yes, thats right. Today I will being heading down to Quito, Ecuador, for a fabulous six weeks! You are jealous, I know. It is completely understandable.

I needed to do summer study abroad because I need to become proficient in Spanish (#SFS). Thankfully, my trip is one of the coolest things ever and will be anything BUT boring.

94d6905503d5a90f8bc43117fe8720c4 5232d4cb8105799a837d86c77c9e6ef3

Crazy beautiful, right?

However, preparing for such an extravaganza is not as easy as it might seem. I have had the most difficult time packing, unpacking, shopping and re-packing again. It’s an endless cycle.

Making sure I have everything for Ecuador is like the Olympics of packing. The weather where I will be staying varies from around 50 to 85 degrees. And then, I also have to pack for both the jungle and the Galapagos. My wardrobe is seriously damaged. Hopefully all my preparation will pay off and I’ll survive this Hunger Games of dressing. And if not, you can pay your respects at Los Cuates with some guac.

While I will miss my family, friends and of course my fans (cue hair flip), I cannot wait for this adventure. I will be speaking only Spanish for around 40 days. Can I do it? ¿Dónde está la biblioteca?

Photos: https://500px.com/photo/9313873/quito-by-denise-gushue, 100beautifulplaces.tumblr.com