A Walking Tour: U Street

A Walking Tour: U Street

[dmalbum path=”/wp-content/uploads/dm-albums/Walking Tour U St/”/]

U Street, also known as the U Street Corridor, is home to many fun restaurants, music venues and interesting sights. It spans from 9th street to 20th street but here’s a little walking tour of what you might be able to find in this great neighborhood from one end to the other. Here’s also a helpful guide of how to get here!

Bohemian Caverns: 2001 11th St. NW One of the oldest jazz venues in the United States, Bohemian Caverns houses local artists and rising stars while offering a mixture of old school music and contemporary jazz.

The Islander: 1201 U St. NW If you love spicy food, this Trinidadian & Caribbean restaurant’s spicy dishes will make you need to carry a water bottle for the rest of the day.

Ben’s Chili Bowl: 1213 U St. NW Ben’s Chili Bowl is one of Obama’s favorites, and its half-smokes and chili are out of this world.

Cork Wine Bar: 1805 14th St. NW While drinking some of the world’s finest international wines, you can also order some French pastries and sausages to complement your beverage of choice!

Home Rule: 1807 14th St. NW This dynamic gift shop carries basic home necessities made with an original and wacky twist.

Black Cat: 1811 14th St. NW Shall we see a music performance or a burlesque show? Black Cat has it all!

El Centro: 1819 14th St. NW Two floors: a restaurant offering a wide range of traditional Mexican-Latin dishes and a rooftop bar. What could be more cool?

Masa 14:1825 14th St. NW I’ll have a patron paloma (patron silver/fresh lime/grapefruit), please!

Manny & Olga’s Pizza: 1841 14th St. NW The pizza here always tastes amazing even when you’re sober, unlike some places I could mention.

Som Records: 1843 14th St. NW From Ray Charles to go-go, this funky record shop has it all.

Industrial Bank: 2000 14th St. NW For you local history fanatics, this cool building is D.C.’s oldest and largest African American commercial bank.

Busboys and Poets: 2021 14th St. NW If you’re ever in the U St. area, Busboys and Poets is a must. Period.