Best Bets: Elephants and the Irish

It’s not just the first weekend back on campus since Spring Break – it’s also Saint Patty’s Day Weekend so Best Bets has got you covered to make sure you have a great time!

Friday:
Unfortunately, we won’t be at the Verizon Center to see our boys playing basketball for the rest of the year, but you can head out there this Friday at 7:30 p.m. to see another awesome act — the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey: Fully Charged. Tickets range from just $14 to $110. If you are too busy to attend tonight, there are additional show times on Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 a.m., 3:30 p.m., and 7:30 p.m.

Saturday:
Celebrate St. Patty’s Day at Fur Night Club (33 Patterson St. NE) from 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. for the Georgetown Glow in the Dark Party featuring Cazzette with Baker and Atkinson opening. Tickets can be purchased online for $20, which includes admission, an open bar and round trip transportation. Buses will be leaving from the main gates. One hundred percent of the profits will be donated to the American Cancer Society.

Sunday:
After what is sure to be a crazy night, wake up on Sunday morning to attend the St. Patrick’s Day Parade from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. The parade, which will travel along Constitution Avenue from 7th to 17th Streets NW, includes floats, marching bands, pipe bands, as well as members of the military, police and fire departments. It is best to take the Metro to the Smithsonian or Federal Triangle stops on the Orange/Blue lines or the Archives/Navy Memorial stop on the Yellow/Green lines.