Calling All Women & Men for CATS

catcafes

Calling all cat lovers, cat ladies, cat men, college students who miss their furry friends back home and essentially all gentle cuddle-loving human beings: 4E has BIG news for you.

CAT CAFEs are the newest, trendiest, most happening places around and we have one coming our way to DC!

tumblr_nb0mc0JfRR1siilpjo1_500

Crumbs & Whiskers, while not yet having an official location or opening date set, is advising prospective visitors to “BE EXCITED!” as there are full-fledged plans underway to bring a cat cafe here to the district. If you’re wondering what exactly this might entail, here is their blurb:

“Crumbs & Whiskers brings together some amazing things. Specifically coffee, tea, desserts, and you guessed it…cats! DC’s cat cafe will serve as a foster home for the Washington Humane Society’s shelter cats and as a really fun place to hang out for DC residents. The concept is pretty simple. Cats in cages are sad, so we get them out of there. Anyone without a cat is sad (or should be), so we hook them up. Then, we give everybody desserts and coffee and tea. The end.”

So pretty much it’s going to be the perfect venue for all things/moods: lonely, happy, sad, cuddly, first date(?) and even a space to add a new member to your family!

tumblr_static_cute-cats-cats-33440930-1280-800

Should you be worried that the prospect of a cat cafe might be an evil plot to exploit cats, fear not. Crumbs & Whiskers benefits not only its customers, but also its furry felines whose alternative would be a lonely cage. Being a cat at the cat cafe is a huge opportunity for our cat friends, as it greatly increases their chances for adoption! And YOU could be the adopter (I mean within or without respect to you campus housing codes).

If you are considering taking home a furry friend, know that adoption is not done on the spot, but through the Washington Humane Society – so at the least know that your decision will not be one done out of drunkenness.

Other important details to know:

• No unsupervised kids under 12 (so basically like a 13+ cat club)
  • You must sign a waiver ( cats are animals capable of scratches and such)
  • Flash photos are not allowed for the safety of the cats
  • AND you must resist the urge to pet cats when they are asleep (r-e-s-p-e-c-t)

giphy-5

To visit the Cafe: Reservations will be made in 30 or 60 minute increments and there will be a cover charge. Walk-ins are welcome if there is space. If someone does not show for a reservation availability will be made known via twitter. You may also schedule private events…team bonding, group study or birthday party???

Snacks & such will be prepared at a separate partner location and will likely be complimentary.

AND for those of you that are really into it- A GentleMeows Club will welcome feature members!!! (Yay exclusivity)

BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR DC’S SOON-TO-BE NEWEST THING 

giphy-2

Gifs: giphy.com; tumblr.com; thenypost.files.wordpress.com