God Bless Our Metro

Washington_DC_metro_-_Gallery

Well, not so much God. Pope bless our Metro. If you haven’t heard, don’t own Snapchat or are just oblivious, the Pope is in town. Yes, that is right, the Holy Father is in the building (and, by building, I mean the District).

Pope Francis leads his general audience in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican Jan. 15. (CNS photo/Paul Haring) (Jan. 15, 2014) See POPE-AUDIENCE Jan. 15, 2014.

Naturally, his presence is going to cause major travel problems across the city. Metro, car, bus… you name it, you probably can’t take it. Personally, I was unable to travel to my internship downtown today because of the Pope. But, hey, I am not complaining about teleworking.

While some people are upset about these travel problems, others are taking a more proactive approach to the problem. One DC citizen has even created a petition, which urges that the Pope bless the D.C. Metro.

Anyone who takes the Metro often knows how many problems it has. It breaks down, it has fires or it just doesn’t show up. We, the citizens of D.C., cannot seem to win. Even when no one important is in town (Read: Not the normal characters), it still doesn’t run in a timely or orderly fashion.

So, Mr. Rosenheck has decided to take matters into his own hands:

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 2.05.47 PM

This is obviously so necessary, the Metro is out of control. Will a blessing help the problem, though? The D.C. Metro is in a transition now, so maybe a religious blessing is what we need?

So, would you sign the petition?

Thanks to the DCist for this extremely important information.

Photos/Gifs: DCist.com; wikimedia.org; wordpress.com