Hump Day Chomp: Kapnos

humpdaychomp

It’s the middle of winter and you’re looking awfully thin. No fear! 4E is here to help you get that little extra blubber so that your grandma Gertrude can stop force-feeding you. This Hump Day Chomp is dedicated to Kapnos, a fantastic Greek restaurant located on the Corner of 14th and W St. (It’s also 3 blocks from the U St/African-American Civil War Memorial/Cardozo metro station, but I’ve already fallen twice on my buttocks this week so please take that Uber.)

kapnos1

If you’re into 50 Shades of Grey, you will be pleased to know that the restaurant has dim lighting and an overall sexy atmosphere. The point of Kapnos, my friends, is to get a whole lot of mezze for the table and eat as much as you can by shoving your arm in front of your date’s face. We started off with their famous spreads (the pikilia offers a sample of 3) with warm flatbread, and then moved on to the mezze-like charred octopus, marinated spring lamb, falafel, and spiced baby goat (sad, I know, yet delicious). Their wine menu is a mélange of Italian and Greek wines that were surprisingly good (not that I tried all of them, calm yo self). Everything we ordered was amazing, and the small plates are a great way to try something new without crying that you ordered something you didn’t like. Wouldn’t want to ruin your mascara.

kapnos

While the Greeks may not have their structural deficit sh@# together, you can be sure they know how to serve some damn good tzatziki. So if you feel like you’ve been, ehem, spreading yourself too thin this week, take a break and try Kapnos!

Kapnos
2201 14th St NW
Washington, DC 20009

202-234-5000

Photos: kapnosdc.com, dishbloggers.com