Can You Feel the Love Tonight: Valentine’s Day Playlist

Friday Fixat10ns

Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day,

Gal-entine’s Day,

Pal-entine’s Day,

or Al-entine’s Day,

This might just be me.

4E’s got the playlist for you! Check out our favorite songs to make you swoon during this weekend of love.

1. “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)” – Whitney Houston. Are you fun, flirty, and fantastic? Good! Own it! Thirty years ago, Whitney released the perfect song to get a night on the town going. You are twenty-something and ~carefree~. Relish in it. Why not, right?
  2. “Crazy in Love”- Beyoncé. Cupid’s arrow makes us all a little nutty. Channel all that craze into a dance-a-palooza to start the night. Guys and gals alike can shake it out this Yoncé classic, right Bruno?
  3. “We Found Love” – Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris. No one knows more about finding love in a hopeless place than college students. Is that guy on the wok line giving you the “come hither” eyes? Did that girl at the bar casually drop her a napkin with her phone number on it in your lap? Is your Sunday night Lau 2 study sesh turning into a night of footsie under the table? Congratulations! This is millennial flirting! It sucks! Keep the faith.
  4. “Hate That I Love You” – Rihanna feat. Ne-Yo. This may be the ode to the cutie two rows up in your International Relations lecture, or the nagging tune in the back of your head while ordering your third Hot Chick of the weekend. That’s ok. Just go with it. Love hurts. Take one more bite. You won’t regret it.
  5. “All Too Well” – Taylor Swift. This relatively unknown T Swift anthem is just what you need if you’re going through a break up. Straddled perfectly between “You Belong With Me” and “We Are Never Getting Back Together,” “All Too Well” will have you reaching into the depths of your pint of Chunky Monkey for one last, tear-soaked scoop. We have all been there. Taylor Swift has been there. Everything is gonna be ok.
  6. “Burn” – Usher. Love sometimes means letting go. If you need to light a cinnamon candle, make a cup of cocoa, and just curl up with season 4 of “Friends” a good book this weekend, heck, go for it. Relieve yourself of all the stresses the past week has burdened you with. Let them burn.
  7. “Can’t Hurry Love” – Phil Collins. On the flip side, if love isn’t coming your way, don’t fret. Just stop your crying, it’ll be alright (I’m a big Phil Collins fan). Love is going to find you, so get out there. If that’s not your speed, keep that watery smile on your face and pop in Tarzan for a real cry. Love is love, man.
  8. “Beautiful Soul” – Jesse McCartney. You’re a dirty liar if you pretend you don’t know every word to this 2004 jam. Warning: Side effects include an overwhelming urge to text your middle school flame. Resist this urge at all costs. 
    *4E is not responsible for your love-stricken, McCartney-induced mistakes.
  9. “You Make My Dreams Come True” – Hall & Oates. New love is the most wonderful kind. If you find such love this weekend, have yourself a Joseph Gordon-Levitt of a day. You too can run into a marching band on your early morning walk-of-shame! Nothing is impossible on Presidents Day Weekend Valentine’s Day!
  10. “In My Life” – The Beatles. At the end of the day, if you have your friends, your family, and all the memories in between, what else do you really need? Finish out your weekend with this classic and give a call to someone who loves you unconditionally. This includes Facetiming with Mom in order to talk to your dog. We all do it. Love you, Ma!

Gifs: giphy.com